Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Have you not been receiving my latest posts?

This is for those who receive my posts via email and have not seen posts in the last few days. The reason is because I moved over to a new system, Substack, which is much better in many ways, BUT comes with a drawback - if you are using Gmail, then the posts might be automatically moved to the "promotional emails" tab or even to Spam. Look for them there if you haven't seen them. Moving them to your inbox may stop that from happening again; if that doesn't work, then try hitting reply and writing something to me - once Gmail recognizes that we correspond, it may learn to place them in your inbox.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like the migration, as I never did or would read posts by subscribing via email, and the Substack format is much harder to read, requiring numerous clicks to find any given post, and expand all the comments. Additionally, there appears to be no way to comment anonymously (i.e. without an account), and some of the best comments have been from people without an account. At the very least that should be enabled. I have no interest in getting account for Substack or anywhere else.

    I wanted to comment on the electricity forum as follows- אם אין נביאים הן בני נביאים הן- The poskim intuitively sensed that electricity is a melacha on shabbos, but the famous reasons given seemed weak. I believe Rav Asher Weiss has the best approach that electricity that powers devices in a meaningful way is makeh b'fatish. Hopefully there can be a way to post this without signing up for substack.

    ReplyDelete

Comments for this blog are moderated. Please see this post about the comments policy for details. ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED - please use either your real name or a pseudonym.

Have you not been receiving my latest posts?

This is for those who receive my posts via email and have not seen posts in the last few days. The reason is because I moved over to a new s...