Thursday, June 24, 2010

New Edition of The Challenge Of Creation


"The Challenge Of Creation" has been out of print and unavailable for several months, so I am pleased to announce the publication of a new edition. This third edition includes an entirely new chapter, on the subject of extinction, as well as other new material throughout the book and the correction of various errors. The new edition was printed in Israel (as opposed to the previous editions, which were printed in the US), and the ramifications of this are that it will be distributed far more broadly. It should be reaching stores in Israel within the next few days, and within two months or so it should reach England, South Africa, and Australia, as well as the US and Canada. If you don't want to wait until then, you can order it online via this link.
I am also offering a special deal for the set of four books that I have in print: The Challenge of Creation, Sacred Monsters, Perek Shirah: Nature's Song and Man and Beast. The retail price for these four books is $115, but I am offering the set for $90 plus $20 international shipping. If you would like to order it, the link is on this page. Or you can save on shipping by collecting them from my house!

12 comments:

  1. "and within two months or so it should reach England, South Africa, and Australia, as well as the US and Canada..."

    Does this order really represent number of copies sold in each country? :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will The Camel, The Hare, And The Hyrax be back in print?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I have 1 month to work on revising it and $6000 in sponsorship. If I get the latter, I'll make time for the former.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you be publishing an "errata" for those of us who already have earlier editions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. And what about a download of the new chapter for those of us who have one of the first two editions?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No errata. But if you have the book, email me and I'll send you the new chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how much to ship to jerusalem?

    ReplyDelete
  8. do you which stores in South Africa will have it?I realy want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you have to ask them to order it. Tell them that it's being distributed by Urim.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am looking forward to seeing that it will be distributed in England since I think that there are quite a few Jews there who will be interested.And like growing numbers of Jews,there is a desire to hear a rationalist voice...if they could just find one....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mazal Tov on being SOLD OUT and now publishing a third edition. I'm looking forward to buying a new copy.

    Is it possible that there is a "silent majority" which buys and reads your books even in those circles where the powers that be have condemned them?

    Here's to hoping that your work grow in popularity and acceptance in all subgroups of Orthodoxy. And may those who have rejected your work have the strength of character to admit they were wrong (in your lifetime!).

    Mazal tov again on the new edition of this most excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just heard of this book for the first time. It's now on my "to order" list!

    http://ravlachemshevet.blogspot.co.il/2014/04/maaseh-bereshit.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments for this blog are moderated. Please see this post about the comments policy for details. ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED - please use either your real name or a pseudonym.

Have you not been receiving my latest posts?

This is for those who receive my posts via email and have not seen posts in the last few days. The reason is because I moved over to a new s...