Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Lecture Schedule

Here is my lecture schedule, so far, for the summer. If you are interested in arranging a lecture in your community, please write to me at zoorabbi@zootorah.com

NEW YORK REGION
Shabbos July 21: Cherry Hill, NJ - Congregation Sons of Israel
Sunday July 22: Morning: Two multimedia presentations in Cherry Hill, NJ. Download the flyer here.

LOS ANGELES
Shabbos July 28: Beverly Hills, CA - YINBH

CHICAGO
Shabbos August 4: Skokie, IL - Ohr Torah
Sunday August 5th: Morning and afternoon - Torah Tour of the Lincoln Park Zoo. Download the flyer here.
Evening: "Rationalism vs. Mysticism" at the Wi-Fi Building Synagogue - Beis Midrash Binyan Olam, 8170 McCormick Blvd., Skokie. Entrance donation $10. Download the flyer here.

7 comments:

  1. RNS i have just been reading up more on Rabbi Hirch and ended up on a site slifkin.opinions.blogspot.
    There he discusses rabbi Hirch and it bewilders me how you ommitted certain pieces of his writings.
    If you omitted this on purpose then i feel betrayed. Betrayed because I have been visiting your blog now for over a year and now i am honestly not sure i can beleive everything you say.
    If this was unintentional than maybe it would be wise to research a topic thoroughly before posting it for the public.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hirsch letters are long. I posted the most relevant part on the blog. In my book, I discuss how Rav Hirsch was skeptical of evolution. In general, Rav Hirsch was quite reasonable in being skeptical of 19th century science. But that's not so relevant.

    In any case, I would never want you to accept something I say merely on my "authority." Always check things out yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just FYI, Cherry hill is nowhere near NY. It's a suburb of Philadelphia, about 90 miles from anything that can reasonably call itself New York.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinny,

    You should be sceptical of a blog that thinks two references are "countless" refutations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rav Slifkin,

    When do you see yourself coming to Australia?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I grew up in that Cherry Hill NJ shul's neighborhood. Sure it's technically part of the Philadelphia metro region but it's reasonably convenient to New Yorkers willing to drive the ~100 miles.

    Leave around 6 to catch the 8:00 am minyan at the shul or, dare I say, the 8:30 minyan at the breakaway Young Israel down the block.

    ReplyDelete

Comments for this blog are moderated. Please see this post about the comments policy for details. ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED - please use either your real name or a pseudonym.

Have you not been receiving my latest posts?

This is for those who receive my posts via email and have not seen posts in the last few days. The reason is because I moved over to a new s...