Sunday, September 4, 2011

Exotic Shofars

It's shofar season, and so for those who aren't aware of it, I am posting my annual reminder that you can freely download my illustrated monograph, "Exotic Shofars: Halachic Considerations," at this link: http://www.zootorah.com/essays/ExoticShofars.pdf. This is the third edition, complete with discussion of jackalopes as well as the biggest shofars in the world! Please feel free to circulate this monograph widely.

For those readers living in Israel: I have a presentation on this topic, for which I bring along my huge collection of shofars and related artifacts for a unique hands-on experience. If you are involved with a shul/ yeshivah and are interested in arranging to have me come and present it, please write to me at zoorabbi@zootorah.com.

8 comments:

  1. why do two people regard this post as kefira?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to ask the same question as voletz, except it is now up to 3 people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing the reason to consider this post kefira is the "exotic shofers" essay linked to in the post?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steg, if the jackalope has cloven hoves it might not be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent article! Perhaps you could clarify something for me. According to Abayei, the problem with a cow's horn is that it is composed of multiple layers. Does that mean that if someone peeled off the outer layers (or drilled out the inner ones) until there was only one layer remaining, the cow's horn would then be valid?

    ReplyDelete

Comments for this blog are moderated. Please see this post about the comments policy for details. ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED - please use either your real name or a pseudonym.

Have you not been receiving my latest posts?

This is for those who receive my posts via email and have not seen posts in the last few days. The reason is because I moved over to a new s...