Friday, July 4, 2014

Life's Twists And Turns

You never know what's waiting around the corner.

Late last night I received an extremely distressing text from my wife back in Israel. Our four-year-old daughter had hit her head badly on a coffee table at a friend's house. She was screaming uncontrollably and did not even recognize my wife. Our daughter was rushed in an ambulance to hospital where they found bleeding on the brain. Thank God she seems to be fine now, though they are keeping her in over Shabbos for observation.

After the car crash that suddenly took the life of my beloved mother-in-law last summer, I thought that I had learned the lesson that one must always appreciate every moment with loved ones. But you can never learn it enough times.

I also want to take this opportunity to say how amazing our families and community are. My wife has to leave our other four children at home for Shabbos, and we know with 100% certainty that they will be looked after perfectly. Ashrecha Yisrael.

Please keep Chaviva Amalia bat Avital Yehudit in your prayers for a full recovery.

4 comments:

  1. May she always be super healthy ad meiah v'esrim. May you also have much nachas from her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary. Refuah Sheleima! May you learn such lessons only from events that do not leave any permanent damage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Refuah Shleima! hachlama Mehira!

    ReplyDelete

Comments for this blog are moderated. Please see this post about the comments policy for details. ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED - please use either your real name or a pseudonym.

Have you not been receiving my latest posts?

This is for those who receive my posts via email and have not seen posts in the last few days. The reason is because I moved over to a new s...