Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Miscellaneous Tech Notes, nothing to do with Rationalist Judaism

1. There's an incredible utility called DropBox with which you can back up your files (up to 2gb for free), automatically synchronize them across multiple computers (including iPhones and Android phones!), and much more. If you want to sign up, please do so via this link - for each person who joins, I get 250mb of free extra storage. It's really amazing, I can access any of my documents from my phone!

2. Speaking of Android phones, you can get the Mishneh Torah and lots of other Jewish stuff here.

3. If there's a point to LinkedIn, I don't know what it is. Certainly since signing up, it hasn't been of any use to me yet, except for burdening me with dozens and dozens of email invites. Unless you know me personally, please don't invite me to join your network!

4. As usual, I have a backlog of 250+ emails. If you are waiting for a reply, please be patient, or call me.

5 comments:

  1. Please check out my blog, www.frumhacks.com where I write about (and share articles) about tech that is helpful for those who keep mitzvos. I recently reviewed a number of Jewish Android Apps and in the past wrote an article about the awesomeness of DropBox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    One more thing that I forgot: a great link of various creative ways to use Dropbox, including how to use it to back up your My Documents folder:

    http://lifehacker.com/5527055/the-cleverest-ways-to-use-dropbox-that-youre-not-using

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also a huge fan of Dropbox. It's a must-have tool for anyone who owns (or works on) multiple computers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can the RAV please comment about the postering in Ramat Beit Shemesh this morning about that it is DAAS TORAH to not create a Yeshiva in RBS that "G-d forbid" teaches your children science and math?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Comments for this blog are moderated. Please see this post about the comments policy for details. ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED - please use either your real name or a pseudonym.

Have you not been receiving my latest posts?

This is for those who receive my posts via email and have not seen posts in the last few days. The reason is because I moved over to a new s...