Friday, June 27, 2014

Close Encounters of the Feline Kind

I had a great encounter with some quasi-tame leopard cubs today:


The leopards were very, very feisty. My internet connection is slow, so I don't know when I'll be able to upload the video. Suffice it to say that it provides an entertaining explanation of why I needed a lot of antibiotic cream today. Don't worry, it's just a flesh wound.

There are other felids that I got to meet today. Bet you don't know what this is:


It's a serval. Servals are African cats of medium size, which are so agile that they can leap to catch birds on the wing.

Wishing you all a restful Shabbos!


* * *

Amidst everything we do, we say Hashem, please help our soldiers bring our boys back home.

4 comments:

  1. Serval - domestic cat hybrids are kept as pets:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savannah_cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. would you ever raise a lion as a pet ? (wife/kids permitting)

    ReplyDelete
  3. also when you travl in an open jeep. what do you do if a lion takes a leap inside ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw videos of domesticated servals on YouTube. Are they easy to tame? Are they safe?

    ReplyDelete

Comments for this blog are moderated. Please see this post about the comments policy for details. ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED - please use either your real name or a pseudonym.

Have you not been receiving my latest posts?

This is for those who receive my posts via email and have not seen posts in the last few days. The reason is because I moved over to a new s...