Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Lecture Tour

I will be in the US and available as scholar-in-residence for the first three weeks in August. If you'd like to arrange something, please write to me.

If you live in South Africa, you may be interested to join me at the Mizrachi shul on Shabbos May 29/30.

Closer to home, next Wednesday evening I will be speaking at KSYM in Modi'in at 8pm, on the animal kingdom in Jewish thought.

Meanwhile, if you haven't yet read Rabbi Yitzchok Adlerstein's essay about OU kashrus, I recommend that you do so!

The picture on the right is not connected to any of this. But it's a cool animal that I used in a lecture in Boca Raton a few years ago. Ten points if you can identify it.

10 comments:

  1. It's a kinkajou. If only they were domesticated they look so cuddly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Modiin for ten years now, but have no idea what KSYM is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cheated and googled it but I am not going to ruin the fun by posting the answer here. Lets see if anyone else knows what this animal is without Googling it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no, never mind, they only have non-prehensile tails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kinkajou!! Cool little animals

    ReplyDelete

Comments for this blog are moderated. Please see this post about the comments policy for details. ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED - please use either your real name or a pseudonym.

Have you not been receiving my latest posts?

This is for those who receive my posts via email and have not seen posts in the last few days. The reason is because I moved over to a new s...